Friday, May 27, 2011

Maiden Voyage -- Orders Closed

For years friends have told me that they would love me to cook for them. When I'm nervous or stressed, I start cooking. Lately, my family can't eat it all :o) So, I've decided to offer a "meals delivered to your home" available for any one who is too busy this summer to cook or just wants a night off :o) I will offer several options each week at reasonable, competitive prices and a variety of quantities to suit your family. I will also make custom meals or desserts (birthday cakes, treats for get togethers, etc.) on a case-by-case basis.

If you are interested in receiving emails with the weekly options, please comment below. Also, if you know anyone who may be interested, please feel free to let me know their email or feel free to forward the message.

I am making chicken pot pie and creamy chicken soup this weekend (available Saturday). You can choose between the pot pie which contains onion, potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, and celery in a very creamy sauce. This is my family's favorite meal. Hands down. Pure comfort food. It will be topped with a hand-made pie crust. 8 x13 pan $20, 8 x 6 pan $12. If you prefer soup, it has onion, carrot and old fashion noodles in the same creamy sauce. $6 per quart or $22 per gallon. Seasoned homemade bread twists at .75 each.

Monday is Memorial Day. If you need baked beans, I have a great recipe with sauteed vegetables and apple wood bacon. I was once told by someone that he would walk for a mile naked in the rain for these beans. He may have been exaggerating, but they are very good :o) $5 per quart. Available Monday morning.

It's been so cold lately, that I'm craving French Onion Soup. This will warm anyone from the inside out. It is made with onions that have been caramelized for hours, three types of demi-glaze, Parmesan Toast Crisps, and a medley of three cheeses on top. $6 per quart or $22 per gallon. The soup will freeze well. It will be available next Wednesday, June 1st.

I'm also offering Chicken Pasta Spinach Salad. This is my most requested recipe. It features pasta in a light dressing along with tender roasted chicken, spinach, cashews, sunflower seeds, and Parmesan cheese. $5 per quart or $20 per gallon. The salad will be delivered "un-tossed" so that you can serve it the delivery day or a day or two later.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you want any of the above as soon as possible or if you would like to continue to receive offers. For those of you who order, Mark thanks you for sparing him seeing the weight gain on the scale :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment