Wednesday, July 27, 2011

August 1st - August 5th

Man, where does the time go? Where did summer go? To be honest, I'm ready for it to cool down a little. Fall is my favorite season, but we don't have to worry about that for a little while. Here's the menu for next week. I've tried to put in some variety and focus on comfort food :o)

As a side note/reminder: If you have a special event/party/gathering, please let me know. I would love to cater it for you! Don't want to make food for your upcoming camping or Lake Powell trip? I'm your gal! If you are craving something special, give me a call!

Monday, August 1st
Clam Chowder -- I love clam chowder. I've made many a different versions, but this is the best. This chowder has onions, potatoes and clams swimming in a rich creamy base. I put in extra clams, because it's hard to have too many! You'll love it! Quart $7, Gallon $24

Crescent Rolls -- When I made clover rolls (which about half turned into crescent rolls) I remembered how much I loved this roll recipe. It's actually the Lion House roll recipe. They are wonderful! Yum! 1/2 Doz $4, 1 Doz $6

Peanut Butter Crispy Bars -- There is a very popular bakery in New York called Baked. This is one of their most popular recipes. It's an adult version of a rice kriCheck Spellingspy treat. The bottom "crispy" layer is candied. The next layer is peanut butter and chocolate. The top layer is a thick ganache. I'm pretty sure you will love it :) 8x8 pan $12


Tuesday, August 2nd
Baked Ziti -- This is one of my favorite Italian dishes and one that's easy to transport and re-warm. You will love the garlic tomato sauce with fresh herbs. You'll love the three cheeses. It's the perfect amount of sauce to cheese. Yummy at it's best. A true family pleaser! 8x6 $12, 9x13 $22

Caesar Salad -- Classic Caesar salad with creamy Caesar dressing and croutons. Quart $5, Gallon $18

Garlic Knots -- A firmer roll than Lion House. Perfect with Italian food! Obviously, they have garlic and buttery goodness! 1/2 Doz $4, 1 Doz $6


Thursday, August 4th
Salmon Salad -- Before you turn up your noses at this, think about if I have steered you wrong in the past. This is a great summer salad. It has pasta, salmon, red peppers, onion and Swiss cheese in a unique dressing which boasts a hint of horseradish. I always receive rave reviews on this salad. Served with fresh lemons. Quart $7, Gallon $25

Chocolate Cream Cake -- Many recipients of this cake call it the "ding-dong" cake. Between two luscious layers of chocolate cake is real whipped cream. The cake is surrounded in a fluffy buttercream icing made with Italian cocoa. It is one of my favorites! $25

No comments:

Post a Comment