Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 11 - July 15

Monday, July 11th
Pork Chops and Rice or Pork Chops with Stuffing -- I love homemade stuffing and love it combined with sauteed pork chops with a creamy sauce on top. I hoard Williamas Sonoma Turkey Herbs every fall and have enough to make the homemade stuffing with them. It's your gain... trust me. The other option is sauteed pork chops on a bed on herbed rice (again my beloved Turkey Herbs) with a creamy sauce. Either is a meal in and of itself :o) A 8x6 has two pork chops for $14, a 13x9 has four - five chops (depending on size) for $24.

Lemon Cupcakes -- In honor of my good friend's birthday, lemon cupcakes are on the menu. These little wonders are several of my friend's favorite thing that I make. Made with fresh lemon juice and frosting so fluffy you will think you are in heaven. $12 dozen or $1.25 each



Wednesday, July 13th
Roasted Shrimp & Orzo -- I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate shrimp into the menu. I was looking through my beloved Barefoot Contessa Cookbooks and remembered this little gem. This is a great main course salad served at room temperature. I couldn't be the only one who just smiles when eating orzo. I hardly ever eat it, but when I do, I love it. It just makes me smile. Orzo is the base of this salad. Also included is roasted shrimp, cucumber, red onion, green onion, feta cheese, fresh lemon and fresh dill. It's dressing base is extra virgin olive oil. This is light, healthy and incredible! I'm so excited to share it with you. If orders are low, it's just more for me :o) Quart $7, Gallon $25

Homemade Breadsticks -- 6 for $3

Fruit Tart -- A shortbread crust with a whipped, creamy center topped with fresh fruit, probably strawberries, kiwi, and blueberries, but it depends on what looks freshest at the store. $15

Thursday, July 14th
Taco Soup -- This is a humble little recipe, but oh so good. I love the flavors and the way they meld together. Made with lean ground beef and homemade refried beans. It also boasts of extra sweet shoepeg corn, sweet onions, homegrown tomatoes (no my garden is not producing, but I did can these beauties last fall). Quart $6, Gallon $22

Taco Soup Fixin's -- Many times by the time I finish taco soup, I don't worry about the fixin's that make it sooo good. To avoid you not getting your maximum enjoyment I am taking care of that for you. Your care package will include a bag of tortilla chips, sour cream, homemade guacamole, sliced green onions, and grated cheddar cheese. Your life, or at least your meal, will be complete. $6

Cornbread -- At the risk of bragging, I make a very, very good cornbread. Its mild and not to "corny". A perfect accompaniment to the taco soup. Served with homemade honey-butter. An 8x6 pan for $7

German Chocolate Cupcakes -- In honor of another friend's birthday German Chocolate Cupcakes are on the menu. Moist German Chocolate Cake with homemade frosting. Weisenburgers don't eat traditional pecans in the frosting. We opt for toasted slivered almonds. I've made this frosting countless times and never had a complaint, so I'm willing to bet that you will love it. All this goodness is topped with a long-stemmed maraschino cherry. $12 dozen or $1.25 each. If you prefer a double layer cake $25

No comments:

Post a Comment