Thursday, September 29, 2011

October 3rd - October 7th

Thanks again for another incredible week :o) I am so grateful for those of you who allow me to cook for you! This week we have some new meals in the rotation along with some old favorites. There are also some health conscience choices that I hope you enjoy!

Monday, October 3rd
Cuban Street Tacos -- These tacos are delicious. They have slow roasted pork that have absorbed spices by cooking for over 12 hours. Touches of fresh orange and lime give them a lightness and freshness that you will love. The tacos come with 4 flour shells, sliced red onion, cheese, cilantro and lime wedges. $12

Confetti Rice and Bean Salad -- A healthy salad to have with your Tacos or alone. Brown and wild rice blend with beans, corn, onions and peppers. The dressing is extra virgin olive oil and vinegar with just the right seasoning. You will love it. 1/2 Quart $4, Quart $7

Snickerdoodles -- Snickerdoodles are a lovely little cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar. In the sugar cookie family. You will love them if you have never tried them. $10 per Dozen


Tuesday, October 4th
Creamy Chicken Soup -- This is for sure one of my all time favorite things to eat. It is always met with rave reviews. The chicken is slow roasted over night and then made into a creamy soup base with lots of vegetables and cheese and old fashioned noodles. Love this soup. $7 Quart, $24 Gallon

Dinner Rolls -- Tender dinner rolls made from scratch the morning of delivery. Served with a bonus sample of fresh black berry jam. 1/2 Dozen $4, Dozen $7

Chocolate Truffle Cake -- This is the best chocolate cake ever. It is baked in a bundt pan and is dense and moist. If that isn't enough, it has milk and semi sweet chocolate chips baked into it. This cake is excellent and decadent for days. Mark's favorite cake. $20


Thursday, October 6th
Chicken Spaghetti -- Okay. I grant you that this sounds a little weird and I was never going to offer it; however, I am a compassionate person and am willing to put something on the menu that provides so much comfort and joy. It sounds a little weird, I know. My grand kids love it -- more than they love me. It is a casserole made with spaghetti noodles, a slightly spicy, creamy sauce with onions and peppers and cheese. Lots of it. If you don't like casseroles, go for the shrimp below. If you love comfort food consider giving this a try. 8x6 $13, 9x13 $24

Rolls -- Rolls seem to go well with anything. This is no exception! Eat with the Chicken Spaghetti or the Shrimp Orzo. 1/2 doz $4, 1 doz $7

Roasted Shrimp & Orzo -- This is the return of a Barefoot Contessa favorite. This is a great main course salad served at room temperature. I couldn't be the only one who just smiles when eating orzo. I hardly ever eat it, but when I do, I love it. It just makes me smile. Orzo is the base of this salad. Also included is roasted shrimp, cucumber, red onion, green onion, feta cheese, fresh lemon and fresh dill. It's dressing base is extra virgin olive oil. This is light, healthy and incredible! I'm so excited to share it with you. If orders are low, it's just more for me :o) Quart $7, Gallon $25

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karla -I am hooked. That pumpkin pie was off the hook! My parents would like to order the Cuban Street Tacos, bean and rice salad, and cookies on Monday.
    I would like to order the Chicken Soup, Rolls and Cake.
    Please let me know the easiest way to work out the pick up or drop off.

    ReplyDelete