Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 26 - July 4

This is the fifth week of my little venture. I've really enjoyed cooking meals and hope that you have enjoyed it also :o) I'm very excited about the upcoming week. Some of my favorite meals are on the menu!

Monday, June 27th
Chili Verde. This is a great recipe. Definitely one of my favorites! This Chili Verde has shredded, tender pork in a medium spicy green sauce which includes green chilis, onions, and tomatoes. It has substantially more meat in it than most Chili Verde at restaurants. I use Chili Verde several ways. My favorite it to make burritos or enchiladas with it and smother it with lots of cheese. You can also make chimichungas with the meat and smother them. You can use for the meat for nachos. Lots of people just put it in a bowl and eat it with tortillas. However you choose to use it, you will love it! I will make enchiladas with the meat and smother them with cheese if you like.
Straight Chili Verde: 1/2 Quart $9, 1 Quart $16.
Bean enchiladas (flour shells) smothered with Chili Verde and Cheese: 8x6 $11, 9x13 $20;
Chili Verde enchiladas (flour shells) smothered with Chili Verde and Cheese: 8x6 $13, 9x13 $22

Homemade Refried Beans. I hate to repeat an item so quickly; however, you have to have refried beans with any Hispanic meal in my mind :) Pinto Beans soaked and slow cooked and mashed with just the right amount of seasoning to enhance the main course. Quart $5, 1/2 Quart $3

Lime Cilantro Rice. Tender and slightly sweet rice with a touch of lime and cilantro. Cooked with coconut milk to enhance flavor. Quart $5, 1/2 Quart $3


Wednesday, June 29
Chicken Lemon Basil Salad. This is actually a recipe that I created. The base of this salad has fresh lemon juice and zest combined with fresh basil. I've been so excited to offer it, but had to wait until fresh basil was available. Combined with the lemon basil base is penne pasta, cucumbers, grape tomatoes and red onions and tender oven roasted chicken. This recipe screams summer -- almost as much as the heat that we are having :o) Quart: $7.50

Homemade Breadsticks. Freshly baked breadsticks are also on the menu. Nothing says home and comfort like homemade bread. Let me make it for you! 6 breadsticks $3

Chocolate Bundt Cake. This is my husband's favorite cake. It is made in a bundt pan and presents wonderfully. It is a very dense moist cake. If it wasn't rich enough, there is a pound of chocolate chips baked into it. I like it best the day that it is made. Mark likes it best the next couple days -- he says it tastes like a truffle. This is a great cake. You will love it! $22


Thursday, June 30
Meatloaf. 1 1/2 pounds (pre-cooked) of meaty delight. The pinnacle of comfort food! I've tried a lot of meatloaf recipes and this is by far my favorite. I hate meatloaf swimming in grease, so I use extra lean hamburger and put the meat on bread so that the fat soaks up the grease, not the meatloaf. It is topped with barbecue sauce. Enjoy! $14

Mashed Potatoes. I love, love, love mashed potatoes. They are my favorite part of Thanksgiving and practically any meal. These potatoes are mashed and seasoned to perfection. I hear that I make incredible mashed potatoes. Since they are one of my ultimate favorite foods, it wouldn't surprise you that I have perfected them (at least in my mind!) Made only with Idaho potatoes (you would expect that living on a potato farm for years!) If you order loaded you will receive a wonderful mixture of butter, sour cream and cheese (thanks Karen Scott for this inspired idea!), plus crumbled bacon pieces to take your potatoes to the next level.
1/2 quart "regular" $5 or loaded $7. Quart $9 or loaded $11

Glazed Carrots. Baby carrots simmered to tender goodness in a rich, sweet glaze. 1/2 quart $4

Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Filling and Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting. I've been told that the angels sing when I make these. Moist vanilla cupcake with a strawberry filling tucked inside as a sweet surprise. All topped with a whipped cream frosting with read strawberries in it. One of my signature desserts! $12 per dozen or $1.25 each

Monday, July 4
Baked Beans. With thoughts of the 4th of July weekend, I will be offering baked. beans again for your family get togethers. Made with apple wood smoked bacon, red and green peppers and a sweet sauce that will make you so happy you ordered! Quart $6

Coleslaw. Creamy coleslaw with red onions, carrots and a wonderful creamy sauce all together with slice green and red cabbage. Quart $5

1 comment:

  1. I have LOVED everything we've tried so far! The Oriental Chicken Noodle Salad (I don't think I named that right!) was sooo yummy! And my mother and I both hope you will repeat the chicken enchiladas again soon. Thanks Karla! You are making this summer at the Scott's so wonderful at mealtime!!

    ReplyDelete